Skip to main content

Introduction Post

(swujointprogram.com, Why DMU)

De Montfort University is a public university, which was established in 1870, and became university status on 26 June 1992. It has more than 26000 students and 2600 staff, as well as, latter day, more than 20,000 students came from all over the world to study at this university, and divided into different facilities, for example, Art, Design and Humanities, Law and Business, Health and Sciences, and Technology. Moto Of De Montfort university is "Excellence and Zeal". DMU has recently invested to rebuild its area, to increase green space, to build a new teaching room, to make eating areas, and for the student union.

Moreover, De Montfort University has been awarded with a gold rating Teaching Excellence Frameworks in 2017 by The Department of Education. The national rankings of DMU is 101st by the complete University Guide 2023. In terms of global rankings, it is ranked 601 to 800 by The Times Higher Education 2022.


Along with this, De Montfort University provides excellent academic knowledge with industry experience, research opportunity and career guidance. University has reasonable tuition free comparatively than other UK universities. There are many facilities for students, for example, students can access online classes, video and learning materials on DMU Blackboard, library, university accommodation and a wide range of services. DMU graduate is among the Top 25 UK universities with best employment rates, above 96% of its graduate's students in work or involved in further study, according to the 2015 Destination of Leavers from Higher Education Survey.


By taking courses in DMU, Bachelor (Hons) in Computer Science, pursuing a degree in computer science, I will get practical and theoretical knowledge and skills about computer programming, software design methods, computer architecture, computer networks and secure web systems. With the help of this course, I will prepare myself for different positions in IT and Computer sectors, For example, Software Engineering, Program developer, web application developer, and also for other industries such as education, security and architecture. 

The compulsory course module for Bachelor (Hons) in computer Science. 

In First Year

  • Database Design and Implementation

  • Fundamental Concepts for Computer Science 

  • Compute Programming

  • Operating Systems and Networks

In Second Year

  • Object Oriented Design and Development

  • Data Structures and Algorithms

  • Web Application Development

  • Agile Development Team Project

In Third Year

  • Software Development: Methods and Standards

  • Big Data and Machine Learning

  • Development Project

And other optional modules (Choose one):

  • Functional Programming

  • Advance Web Development

  • Fuzzy Logic and Interface Systems

  • Privacy and Data Protection

I am mostly interested in Database Design and Implementation, Web Application Development, and Privacy and Data Protection. Therefore, I will Continue my further career and study in these fields and provide my knowledge and experience to the organisation, company or on my blog.


Completion of graduation, I believe that I will be well equipped with all the knowledge, skills, and technological advancement needed to start a career as software engineer, web application developer or developer in the IT Industry. I want to gain some relevant work experience in fields of my interest and provide my best knowledge and skills to grow the company or organisation. After working for a couple of years, and gaining work and industry experience, I would like to do postgraduates in computer science to gain deep knowledge about computers and its branches. That will help me to enhance my career and knowledge in the modern era of the digital world.


I see myself after 10 years as a successful Software Engineer, who will be working for multinational companies and researching on different projects as a PhD student.

 

Thanks For Reading



Reference

Why Dmu ? (no date) SWU Joint Program. Available at: http://www.swujointprogram.com/why-dmu/ (Accessed: October 23, 2022). 

(no date) About de Montfort University. Available at: https://www.dmu.ac.uk/dubai/about-dmu.aspx (Accessed: October 23, 2022). 

De Montfort University (2022) Times Higher Education (THE). Available at: https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/de-montfort-university/ (Accessed: October 23, 2022).

(no date) Computer Science BSC (hons). Available at: https://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/courses/undergraduate-courses/computer-science-bsc-degree/computer-science-bsc-degree.aspx (Accessed: October 23, 2022).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Initial Project Plan (Gantt Chart)

The Gantt chart illustrate the assignments and work time of computer skills and research blogs topics, DMUIC course module of engineering and computing. I am updating all upcoming assignments in this chart, and I am used Office Timeline for my work. Firstly, Open Office Timeline in chrome, register my account through Gmail for login. Secondly, I am logged in my Office Timeline, and select template that is suitable for my project, or you can create new one. Thirdly, I filled all data and information in the table, and finally, I created Gantt Chart of my blogs topics. Here is link  Free Interactive Timeline & Gantt Chart Maker - Office Timeline Online